Message and data rates may apply. A wireless service provider may charge for each text message that is sent and received. Messages sent and received include:
• SMS/text votes sent;
• THANKS FOR VOTING message received;
• STOP message sent;
• HELP message sent;
• VOTING CLOSED message received; and
• UNRECOGNIZABLE message received.
Please make sure you do the following:
• Consult your wireless service provider regarding their pricing plans.
• Message and data charges will appear on the customer's cell phone bill or be deducted from their prepaid account.SMS Services
The service is offered on an ‘as is' basis and
• May not be available in all areas at all times;
• May not continue to work in the event of product, software, coverage or other service changes made by your wireless carrier;
• Administrator(s) are not responsible for damages from use of service;
• Without notice the service can change or be discontinued;
• At any time by giving prior notice charges can be incurred and disagreeing to charges would discontinue the service.
• We do not use the Service to knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
. We will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time.
• Certain Services may be changed without notice or be discontinued
By SMS/text voting you agree that all information collected in connection with the AMERICAN IDOL
and may be used for all permissible purposes set forth therein.
FOX Broadcasting Company ("FOX"), FremantleMedia North America, Inc., 19 Entertainment, Inc. and CORE Media Group, Inc. (collectively, "Producers"), Telescope, Inc., and the administrators of AMERICAN IDOL , their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated entities and any persons employed by any of the foregoing, are not responsible and shall not be liable for any losses/injuries or any kind resulting from lost, incomplete, late, damaged or misdirected votes; inability to access the voting; difficulties, failures or malfunctions of computers and/or Internet connections or wireless services or other communications malfunctions; interrupted or unavailable network, server; failed computer hardware or software or other technical failures; garbled, lost, misrouted or scrambled transmissions; any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in any transmission or communication; traffic congestion or for any technical problem which may cause the voting to be disrupted or corrupted; computer on-line systems, telecast, or cable malfunctions; human error; satellite transmission failures or delayed telecasts or preemption of or the failure of a cable affiliate to televise the promotion; any damage to entrants or any third person's computer and/or wireless device, and/or its contents related to or resulting from this promotion; any votes that are not in compliance with these Terms and Conditions (such votes to be deemed disqualified), nor any other loss directly or indirectly caused by participation in this promotion or related voting. Producers reserve the absolute right to disqualify any voter (and/or their respective vote(s)) who votes by any electronic, mechanical or automated means, or otherwise tampers with the voting process or promotion, or for any other reason, as determined by Producers in their sole discretion.
This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California applicable to contracts made and fully to be performed therein. All actions, proceedings or litigation brought by either party against the other party shall be arbitrated by, and under the rules of, J.A.M.S./Endispute in binding arbitration in Los Angeles, California and before a mutually selected arbitrator.
For more information on AMERICAN IDOL, including voting Frequently Asked Questions please go to www.americanidol.com/faq